Driver Job Description Posted: 3 Feb 2022
Employment Status: Part-Time
Reports to: Owner / Transportation Manager
Medi-Ryde is currently seeking Full-time and Part-time Drivers for its non-emergency transport company to service our clients within the San Antonio area.
Starting hourly rate is $13 an hour (based on experience). Drivers range between 30-60 hours per week.
This position will be responsible for providing Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) services in a reliable and safe manner, as well as ensuring our customers receive the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism. This work is done in compliance with the procedures defined by the client and in conformance with company procedures.
- Provide safe and reliable transportation to customers to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and customers.
- Secure wheelchair and ambulatory clients into securement straps or seat belt.
- Utilize GPS to locate hospitals, medical facilities, and patient home addresses.
- Provide and demonstrate excellent defensive driving skills.
- Ensure wheelchair van is maintained and is in good working order.
- Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each shift.
- Report mechanical problems to supervisor.
- Ensure on-time pick-up and drop off of customers.
- Demonstrates understanding and sensitivity of the needs of older adults and individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, dispatchers and passengers.
- Utilize electronic tablets or cell phone devices as required.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations, as well as any sensitive company and employee information
- Positive upbeat attitude, enthusiastic and compassionate.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Enter data or information into a tablet PC or cell phone device to update information in the NEMT Computer-Aided Dispatch app.
- Learn street locations, station locations, and geography of the areas served.
- Learn to operate communications equipment (cell phones apps, and tablets).
- At least 28 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license with no traffic violations including suspensions, DUI, and DWI.
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol screening.
- Current CPR / AED certification (Provided in the house).
- Drivers must not have a felony or misdemeanor conviction within seven years prior to the initial hire date.
- Able to pick up and push at least 50 lbs. Able to push up to 300 lbs. in a wheelchair.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish language
- Military Base access
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Working conditions are variable outside, indoor and facility environments. The employee is required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, see, talk, and hear. The employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 300 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes, airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions for the position.